Join us for an amazing day On the Water at Harbor View at Norwalk Cove Marina on Sunday, September 15th. We'll enjoy a safe half-day kayaking, stand up paddling, playing beach games, and much more.
- Learn more about volunteering at the event
- Sign up to help out as a volunteer
- Learn about participation
- Sign your child up to participate on September 15 or get on our waiting list for future events
- Use this flyer to tell your friends and family
- Bring layers and a change of dry clothes. It's supposed to be a beautiful day in the low 70's - but is likely to start out cooler than that in the morning.
- The beach has more rocks and shells than sand, some of them *sharp and unfriendly* to bare feet. Protective footwear such as Crocks, water shoes, booties, sneakers that can get wet, or flip flops are advised for those helping with the water activities. We also recommend the same for the children, but we'll have a carpeted walkway down to the activities as well.
- Those helping with the water activities might consider a wetsuit.
- A pizza lunch is provided for *participants and volunteers only* since family groups vary greatly in size. Please bring your child lunch if they have any dietary restrictions or food allergies. Plan for rest of your family accordingly.
More information will be sent to those upon signing up & confirmation.
Who shows up When
Volunteers should plan to show up by 8am promptly for orientations. Participants should plan to be there by 9am. The day will finish by 1:30pm after an awards ceremony & lunch.
Directions / Parking
Make sure to turn right into Norwalk Cove Marina at the stop sign just before the Calf Pasture Beach entry kiosk. Drive down to the Ship Store, then make a left and go to the corner of the marina to Harbor View where you'll see the Tommie Cares tent and banners. If you're getting a cab - have them drive you all the way in as it's a 5+ minute walk from the entrance.
The Metro North New Haven line has many trains to East Norwalk Station, which is approximately 1 mile from the venue. You must catch a 5 minute taxi ride to Norwalk Cove Marina (have them take you inside to the far left corner to Harbor View) as the Norwalk Transit Route 8 bus doesn't run on Sunday. Park in an open space.
Please Like us on Facebook and help spread the word: